Former UFC champion BJ Penn won't find it too difficult to find a new opponent if he wants. After Rory MacDonald was forced to pull out of a planned bout due to a cut, Sean Sherk made it known he would be willing to face "The Prodigy."
Now, Jon Fitch has come forward with a push to have a rematch with Penn, as well. The two fought to a draw previously.
"He should fight me in Rio," wrote Fitch, in response to a report that Penn would prefer to face MacDonald in October during the UFC's trip to Brazil. MacDonald is asking that Penn take a pass until November to fight him in Montreal.
Fitch is scheduled to face Erick Silva on the UFC 153 Rio card right now. Penn actually called out Fitch for issues in regards to his trying to train at American Kickboxing Academy in San Jose, Fitch's base for workouts.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Nate Diaz Inks New Deal With UFC
- Roy Nelson Tweets "The Juice Is Good" In Regards To Using TRT
- Dana White Fine With TRT, As Long As It's Used Properly
- Video: Another Teaser For All-Access Ronda Rousey
- Seth Petruzelli To Compete At K-1 Rising
- Lightweights Bobby Green, Matt Ricehouse Placed On Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman
- Dan Henderson Thinks Lyoto Machida’s Style Contains A Flaw
- Henderson Feels Age Is Not A Factor In His Upcoming Fight Against Jones
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Willing To Coach TUF: Brazil Vs. Shogun Rua
- Frank Mir Gave No Second-Thought To Facing Daniel Cormier
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.