Johny Hendricks' (14-1) Team Takedown striking coach Steven Wright thinks that his fighter has done enough to earn himself a shot at the welterweight championship.
"Clearly, after the resume that we've put together, we definitely want GSP," said Wright on Sherdog Radio.
At UFC 154, Hendrick scored the knockout win just 46 seconds into the title eliminator fight. He now has a total of nine fights that he has stopped. His UFC record is 9-1. In the past two years, he has earned Knockout of the Night honors three times for finishing his opponent within the first round.
Following his recent victory, the current welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (23-2) announced that he was looking to take some time off. Middleweight champion Anderson Silva (33-4) has expressed interest in the two having a superfight next.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Alistair Overeem-Antonio Silva Official For UFC 156
- Fuel TV To Present "Training Day: The Blackzilians" On Wednesday
- Former WEC Announcer Joe Martinez To Handle UFC On FX 6 Duties
- New Bellator Rule Introduced For Championship Fights
- Two Championships To Be Decided At BAMMA 11
- Luke Rockhold Confirms Hand Injury, Shoots On Lorenz Larkin
- WSOF Pays Pulled Fighter Fabio Mello
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.