A welterweight battle between John Maguire and John Hathaway has been added to the planned September UFC card from Nottingham, England. UFC officials announced the bout on Thursday.
UFC: Nottingham takes place September 22. The card is expected to air on FUEL TV, with a main event between Stefan Struve and Stipc Miocic headlining.
Maguire has gone a perfect 2-0 in his UFC career, adding to his five fights before entering the Octagon that he also won. The England-native is 18-3 in his MMA career.
Hathaway (16-1) is also from England, and has won two consecutive fights since his first career loss to Mike Pyle. He owns wins over the likes of Rick Story and Diego Sanchez.
- Patrick Cote Excited To Be Back Fighting For The UFC
- Video: Steven Seagal Calls Chael Sonnen's Actions "Embarassing To The Human Race"
- Being An Underdog Is What Cung Le Enjoys
- Forrest Griffin Has High Hopes For His MMA Future
- Retirement Is 100-Percent Official For Tito Ortiz
- Video: Second UFC 148 Press Conference To Feature Ortiz, Griffin, Cote, Le At 2 PM ET/Noon PT
- John Maguire Vs. John Hathaway Added To UFC: Nottingham
- UFC Signs BAMMA Champion Tom Watson, Set For Debut This September
- Junior Dos Santos Down For Facing Cain Velasquez In China
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.