A welterweight battle between John Maguire and John Hathaway has been added to the planned September UFC card from Nottingham, England. UFC officials announced the bout on Thursday.
UFC: Nottingham takes place September 22. The card is expected to air on FUEL TV, with a main event between Stefan Struve and Stipc Miocic headlining.
Maguire has gone a perfect 2-0 in his UFC career, adding to his five fights before entering the Octagon that he also won. The England-native is 18-3 in his MMA career.
Hathaway (16-1) is also from England, and has won two consecutive fights since his first career loss to Mike Pyle. He owns wins over the likes of Rick Story and Diego Sanchez.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Patrick Cote Excited To Be Back Fighting For The UFC
- Video: Steven Seagal Calls Chael Sonnen's Actions "Embarassing To The Human Race"
- Being An Underdog Is What Cung Le Enjoys
- Forrest Griffin Has High Hopes For His MMA Future
- Retirement Is 100-Percent Official For Tito Ortiz
- Video: Second UFC 148 Press Conference To Feature Ortiz, Griffin, Cote, Le At 2 PM ET/Noon PT
- John Maguire Vs. John Hathaway Added To UFC: Nottingham
- UFC Signs BAMMA Champion Tom Watson, Set For Debut This September
- Junior Dos Santos Down For Facing Cain Velasquez In China
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.