According to Mark Bocek's Twitter account, the lightweight has received a new opponent for UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans. Bocek tweeted that Matt Wiman has been injured and John Alessio will step in and face Bocek.
UFC 145 takes place April 21 from Atlanta's Philips Arena. In the main event, Jon Jones defends his UFC light heavyweight title against Rashad Evans. The Bocek-Wiman bout was planned for the pay-per-view main card, but it remains unknown if Alessio-Bocek will stay there.
"Hey guys, my new opponent at UFC 145 is John Alessio, Wiman is out with a knee injury," Bocek posted.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Bocek (10-4) has gone 6-4 in his 10 UFC appearances, but was defeated by Nik Lentz in his last fight. Among his losses are bouts against UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson, Jim Miller and former UFC 155-pound champ Frankie Edgar.
- Vinny Magalhaes To Prepare Chael Sonnen For Anderson Silva
- UFC President Dana White Accepts Soccer Challenge, Date TBD
- Sam Stout-Spencer Fisher Latest Addition To "UFC On FX 4"
- Brian Stann Predicts Chael Sonnen Will Defeat Anderson Silva
- Rashad Evans Mobbed In Puerto Rico, Meets Boxer Felix Trinidad
- "Bellator 63" Ratings Remain Steady With Previous Season Cards
- Nick Diaz Headed To World Jiu-Jitsu Expo For Superfight
- Strikeforce Officially Announces Cormier - Barnett, Melendez - Thomson For May 19
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.