After battling through a bout of "severe depression," Joe Riggs (37-14) feels like a different person as he starts to mount another winning streak. After a decade in the business, Riggs suffered his first ever three fight losing streak in 2011.
"At the same time, I didn't have any means to make money, so I'd take fights when I wasn't ready," said Riggs on MMA Junkie. "It was just sh*t. It sucked."
Riggs currently holds a three fight win streak. Throughout his career Riggs has competed for several MMA promotions around the world. He has fought out of RITC, WEC, UFC, Strikeforce, Bellator and other promotions.
That three fight losing streak is still clear the head of Riggs.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I'd never lost more than one in my life in a row," said Riggs. "I was going down a bad path and didn't really care about my career."
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.