Joe Lauzon has become known as the "Bonus Man" in the UFC, as Lauzon has earned 11 combined Submission, Fight and Knockout of the Night honors. So, with word breaking Wednesday that the planned UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II co-main event has been cancelled, Lauzon volunteered his bout with Jim Miller as the new co-headliner.
Forrest Griffin and Phil Davis were set to take that position on the card, but White announced that Griffin had suffered a knee injury and would not make the fight. It is unknown if the UFC plans to replace him at this time or not and leave Davis on the card.
Lauzon (22-7) has earned six Submission of the Night, four Fight of the Night and one Knockout of the Night honors during his UFC run. He is 4-2 in his last six overall, with six of those bonuses coming during that span.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Miller (21-4) is a replacement for Gray Maynard, who exited the fight with a knee injury of his own. Miller has lost two of his last three, falling to UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson and his upcoming opponent, Nate Diaz.
- Video: "UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz" Press Conference Set For 3 PM ET/Noon PT
- Gilbert Melendez In Negotiations With UFC
- Early Reports Of Ronda Rousey-Cris Cyborg At UFC 157 Denied By Cyborg
- Michelle Gutierrez Off Bellator 84, Patricia Vidonic Named As Replacement
- Joe Lauzon Volunteers His UFC 155 Fight With Jim Miller For New Co-Main Event
- Ronaldo Souza Grateful For Spot On Strikeforce Card
- Bellator 84 Championship Fight Pulled
- TUF: Smashes Lightweight Final Now Set
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.