Joe Lauzon is an excitable fighter who always wants to score the impressive knockout or submission. With Jim Miller standing before him inside the Octagon tonight at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II, Lauzon knows patience is the key.
"We trained really hard," said Lauzon, on Fuel TV Friday after the weigh-ins. "As long as I keep myself calm, and remind myself to breathe, I don't think it will be a problem (facing Miller)."
Lauzon was originally set to face Gray Maynard, but "The Bully" was forced out with a knee injury. After other injuries hit the card, Lauzon and Miller were promoted to the co-main event slot.
Lauzon, coming off a victory over Jamie Varner, was forced to change his training camp after Maynard exited and Miller entered.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"It was a little bit of a pain mid-camp, but that's the way it goes," said Lauzon, who had to bring in left-handed fighters after Miller replaced Maynard. "He was easier for me to change to lefties."
- Video: Max Holloway's Blog For UFC 155, Day Two
- UFC 155 Weigh-In Results: Dos Santos, Velasquez Make It Official
- Anderson Silva Willing To Accept Bout With Michael Bisping, Close To Signing Extension
- Fabricio Werdum In Position To Secure UFC Title Shot With Win Over Minotauro Nogueira In 2013
- UFC 155 Predictions From FightLine.com Staff
- TUF: Mexico Next On The Agenda For UFC
- Mike Goldberg Off UFC 155, Replaced By Jon Anik
- Rose Namajunas Reflects On What Invicta FC Brings To MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.