In what must be disappointing news to the New Jersey native, Jim Miller will not earn a title shot if he beats Nate Diaz this weekend in the main event of UFC on FOX 3.
"If Diaz wins, he gets a title shot; if Miller wins, he is probably still a fight or two away," said White.
Miller (21-3) was already poised to fight for the title after putting together a seven-fight winning streak. But, with the logjam at the top of the division, the 28-year-old kept busy by facing other top contenders. An eventual loss to current champ Benson Henderson saw Miller knocked down a few rungs on the lightweight ladder; he came back with an impressive win over Melvin Guillard, but will apparently need to add more wins on top of that one to warrant another shot at the belt.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
UFC on FOX 3 goes down this weekend at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
- Video: Daniel Cormier, 'I Am A Fighter'
- Ryan Jimmo Vs. Anthony Perosh On For UFC 149
- Video: Wanderlei Silva's UFC 147 Vlog, Episode 2
- 'UFC Primetime' Back On FX For UFC 146
- Dana White: Nate Diaz, Not Jim Miller, Up For Title Shot
- UFC Donates UFC 149 Prize Package To Canadian Children's Charity
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Not Leaving Friday Nights, Says FX Executive
- "Ultimate Fighter" Winner Ross Pearson Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI
- Roy Nelson, Edson Barboza Given New Fights For "UFC 146"
- Video: Dana White's UFC On FOX 3 Vlog, Episode Two
- Jon Jones Just Wants Hendo To Keep It Classy
- Video: Quick UFC 146 Promo
- Francisco Rivera Steps In To Face Alex Soto At UFC On FUEL TV 3
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.