As Jim Miller (21-4) prepares for his third outing this year, he looks at the lightweight division and doesn't see anyone tougher than him. At the final UFC PPV of the year, Miller takes on Joe Lauzon (22-7).
"Joe has finished everyone that he's beaten," said Miller. "I've also fought guys in the past who finished everybody that they beat. I'm confident I'm going to win the fight because I'm confident I can beat anyone in the division. No matter who stands in my way, I'm a dangerous fight for them."
Of Lauzon's recent wins, he has ended the last five via submission. Miller comes in with three losses in his UFC career where all have come by way of former No. 1 contenders or the title holder. Those losses include Gray Maynard (11-1-1-1 NC), Benson Henderson (18-2) and most recently Nate Diaz (16-8). Miller is stepping in for Maynard who was injured last month.
Miller vs. Lauzon takes place at UFC 155 on December 29. The card airs from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Patrick Cote Shifting To Welterweight, Hopes To Fight At UFC 158
- Medical Suspensions Given To Fighters From The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale
- Karlos Vemola Out, Derek Brunson In To Face Chris Leben At UFC 155
- Cody McKenzie Out Of UFC 155 Bout With Leonard Garcia
- Brian Stann's Hire Heroes USA Partners With WWE
- Ratings Report: TUF 16 Finale Draws 1.3 Million, UFC On FX 6 Falls Below Average
- Legacy FC 18 To Feature Pair Of Title Fights
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.