Jay Hieron (23-5) was ready to go for his fight with Jake Ellenberger (27-6) at UFC 151, before news came in that the event was cancelled.
"Honestly, I was ready to go for the September 1 fight," said Hieron on Inside MMA. "There was no doubt in my mind. I was mentally and physically 100 percent prepared. With the postponement, it just gives me that much more time to get in better shape, be sharper and everything else. I'll be more motivated for it."
While the sudden cancellation left many upset, Hieron is just ready for the fight to finally happen.
"Other guys might get upset," said Hieron. "I just had to refocus and adjust my training a little bit because I was just peaking."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Hieron will be making is UFC debut and Ellenberger is coming off a loss after six wins.
Hieron vs. Ellenberger has been rescheduled for UFC On FX 5 on October 5.
Sully Sullivan contributed to this article.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- Video: Weigh-Ins For ONE FC 5: Pride Of A Nation
- Anderson Silva: "A Lot Of People Thought I Was Gay" Growing Up
- Official Numbers Come In For UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II
- TUF Winner Michael Chiesa Returns To Action Vs. Rafaello Oliveira This December
- Joseph Benavidez Plans To Exploit Demetrious Johnson’s Weak Spot
- Thales Leites Responds To Anderson Silva's Recent Remarks
- Eddie Yagin-Dennis Siver Finds Home At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.