In a recent interview conducted by fellow training partner Mark Munoz for FightHubTV, Jason "Mayhem" Miller gave insight into his training camp and diet, as well as an assurance to fans that he has little respect or regard for his opponent this weekend, CB Dollaway.
"I am looking past CB Dollaway," exclaimed the always animated fighter, "because I am going to beat him."
Why is "Mayhem" feeling so confident that he will get past Dollaway given the North Carolina native's utter failure to deliver on similar promises regarding British middleweight Michael Bisping?
The answer is all in where he trains: Mark Munoz's gym, Reign Training Center, located in Orange County, California.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"Reign is one of, if not the best training center in the world… I never thought of the idea of a sense of community so important in a training camp, and I've always kind of been a lone wolf.
"The love that I've felt in this training camp, and the real dedication to my training partners—that's something you can't fake. You can't buy that."
Even though Miller made his camp for his bout with Bisping at Reign as well, one major factor that is different for the Dollaway fight is "Mayhem's" work with Munoz's conditioning coach, Todd Norman.
"I'm maximizing my potential… If I get my ass kicked this time (against Dollaway), it's not for being in bad shape! I'm in good shape!" assured Miller.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
"Mayhem" shared that a tremendous amount of work with Norman has been centered around building core strength, an area Miller admittedly has neglected out of ignorance.
"I've never in a training camp, had to ice my abs," he said. "It's shocking."
In addition to a new conditioning regimen, "Mayhem," along with Munoz, are on UFC veteran, and fellow training partner, the hulking Krystof Soszynski's strict diet.
Miller divulged that Soszynski hand-delivers meals to his house in plastic containers, and meets stern disapproval for "substitutions."
After showing off his improved physique for the camera, Miller also admitted that he has recently rewarded himself for six weeks on Soszynski's diet with a giant cheeseburger.
With a supportive and successful group of training partners guiding Miller's camp in the right direction, "Mayhem" hopes to make good on his promises to smash CB Dollaway this weekend on the preliminary card for UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir, beginning at 8 P.M. EST on FX.
For the full interview, watch the video below:
- Jason “Mayhem” Miller: “I Am Looking Past CB Dollaway!”
- Stefan Struve Discusses Maturation As Fighter, Opponent Lavar Johnson
- Video: Joe Rogan And Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Bury The Hatchet
- Four Castmember Fights Announced For 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale'
- UFC On FX 5 Headed For Indianapolis
- Randy Couture Offers Up His Take On Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir
- Jon Jones Has First Court Date Set For May 29
- UFC Announces Several Fights For "The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale"
- Mike Swick Set To Return At "UFC On FOX 4"
- Mir Takes No Issue With Dos Santos Questioning His Manhood
- Alistair Overeem: "I'm Still Gonna Get That Belt"
- Video: Bas Rutten Extols The Virtues Of The Ground Game
- Dan Hardy: Training With Frank Mir Has Been Inspirational
- Dana White Maintains Little Concern For Fox Ratings
- Anderson Silva Slips Up, Lets The World Know What He Really Thinks Of Vitor Belfort
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.