Only five months into 2011 and Jared Rosholt (4-0) had already earned four victories in the year. Three of them occurred within two weeks, and then Rosholt disappeared from the MMA circuit for 14 months.
"I've been working on everything just trying to get better," said Rosholt. "I did three fights in three weekends. It was great, but I didn't get much experience as some of them went quick."
While training, Rosholt tweaked his knee over the fall and decided to have it cleaned. While away, he has also made the offense of his hands a focus in training.
"We got a striking coach in and we wanted to work on my hands," said Rosholt. "Naturally, as a wrestler, my hands aren't my strong point and striking was what we needed to work on."
Rosholt returns to take on Derrick Lewis (7-2 -1 NC), who in has won three of his last four fights.
Rosholt vs. Lewis takes place at LFC 13 on August 17.
- Michael Bisping Sounds Off On Fighters Who Use TRT
- Plans For Donald Cerrone-Anthony Pettis At UFC On Fox 5 Untrue, Says Dana White
- Marcus Aurelio Out Of Bellator 73 With Injury, Kelvin Tiller In
- Royce Gracie Says His Father Wanted Him To Highlight Jiu-Jitsu At Early UFC Shows
- Jared Rosholt Returns To Action For The First Time In Over A Year
- Javier Mendez Says “The Team Got Stronger After Koscheck Left”
- Chris Weidman Feels Anderson Silva’s Management Has "Downplayed" Him
- Felice Herring Turned To MMA As She Never Wanted To Stop Competing
- Before Named No. 1 Contender Lyoto Machida Wanted Conclusion To Maurício Rua Trilogy
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline