Although he was released from the UFC two years ago, James McSweeney (10-9) proposed that he fight Glover Teixeira (18-2) at UFC 153. He even went as far to offer a twist to the fight.
"I actually offered – if I lost that fight, don't pay me," said McSweeney on MMA Junkie Radio. "That's how confident I was going into that fight."
McSweeney's request was denied, but he said the UFC appreciated the gesture.
Quinton Jackson (32-10) was supposed to fight Teixeira at UFC 152, but pulled out of the fight citing an injury. Both men's next fight is unclear.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
After McSweeney lost both his UFC fights in 2010, he was released from the promotion. He has since gone 6-3. He is rumored to fight on the debut show for World Series of Fighting against Tyrone Spong (0-0), who will be making his MMA debut after competing in kickboxing for over a decade.
"Right now, I've had no official contract to give me a Tyrone Spong fight," said McSweeney. "I've got huge respect for Tyrone, and it would be a very tough fight for sure."
- Phil Baroni Not A Supporter Of TRT Usage
- Danny Castillo Thinks He Can Bring Michael Johnson To The Ground
- Lyoto Machida: Jon Jones Showed He Is Championship Material By Not Tapping Out
- Strikeforce: Melendez Vs. Healy Fighters To Be Paid By Zuffa
- Cain Velasquez On Lesson Learned From Loss To Junior Dos Santos
- Winning Bellator's Season 7 Welterweight Tournament Means Everything To Nordine Taleb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.