Lost in the talk of Jon Jones, Chael Sonnen and the end of UFC 151 has been the rest of the card. While it seems that most of the fights will be booked for later dates, one that has received a new home is the co-main event.
Jake Ellenberger and Jay Hieron will face each other at UFC On FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot on October 5. The card takes place from the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
UFC 151 was cancelled on Thursday after Dan Henderson was forced to pull out with a knee injury. Sonnen offered to take the fight with Jones, the UFC light heavyweight champion, on short notice, but "Bones" declined the fight.
Dana White, UFC president, confirmed on Thursday during a conference call that the UFC would be forced to scrap an event for the first time in 11 years.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Ken Shamrock Accused Of Assaulting A Woman
- Joe Rogan Feels The Older The Fighter The Better
- Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot, Jon Jones Gets New Opponent For UFC 152
- Jon Jones Finally Makes His First Public Statements Since UFC 151 Cancellation
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Draws Over 3,500
- Joe Lauzon Does His Best To Sum Up The Entire Jon Jones-UFC 151 Drama
- Lightweights Shane Roller-Jacob Volkmann, Michael Johnson-Danny Castillo Moved To October
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.