Let's face it, the UFC 145 main event between Jon Jones and Rashad Evans has been promoted into the ground. Having been on the table for so long, the bout and the storyline surrounding it have been thoroughly dissected many times over.
So, for a refreshing take on Jones vs. Evans, Marvel (yes, the comic book publisher) interviewed both men this week, injecting just the right amount of nerd into pre-fight prognostication.
Evans, a self-professed comic book fan, was asked which super power he would use in the octagon, were such a thing possible and permitted. His answer shows more than just a casual knowledge of the Marvel universe.
"I'd want to be like Nightcrawler, he has the dopest powers," said Evans. "I'd just teleport around, sneak up on guys, take them out. Nobody would be able to catch me."
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
In Jones' interview, the champ described the fight in comic book terms, comparing himself to one of Marvel's most notable super heroes and his opponent to a slightly lesser known X-Men character.
"I would call myself Spider-Man and my opponent would probably be the Juggernaut. The Juggernaut's tough, but Spider-Man's smarter. You know what, I take it back. Not even Juggernaut, I'll give him Beast," said Jones. "Beast is gonna get smothered, bro. I'll give him Beast. Spider-Man vs. Beast, check it out."
To see if Spider-Man takes Beast, or the other way around, tune in to UFC 145 this Saturday and don't forget to check out FightLine's live, ongoing coverage of the event, too.
- Video: Ronda Rousey And Nick Catone Aid NY MMA Efforts
- With Rivalry Neutered, Jones Vs. Evans Comes Down To Competition
- "Bellator 66: Aoki Vs. Alvarez" Weigh-In Results
- New York State Senate Passes MMA Legalization Bill… Again
- Video: Jon Jones Knocks Out Pale Rastafarian
- Jon Jones Vs. Rashad Evans = Spider-Man Vs. Beast
- Nick Diaz's NSAC Hearing Delayed
- Did Sugar Ray Leonard Lure BJ Penn Out Of Retirement?
- KID Yamamoto Saves Injured Man In Tokyo
- Greg Jackson Accepts Role In Evans-Jones Feud
- "UFC 145 Primetime" Episode Two Makes Dramatic Increase In Ratings
- With Issues In Brazil, Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen 2 Could Be Headed To Las Vegas
- Video: Dramatic Come-From-Behind Win At Australian MMA Event
- BJ Penn And Jens Pulver Predict UFC 145 Winner
- UFC On FUEL TV 2 Medical Suspensions
- Roland Delorme In For Injured Johnny Bedford At UFC On FOX 3
- Chael Sonnen Comes To Alistair Overeem's Defense
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.