UFC president Dana White announced the main event for the promotions return to Australia, as middleweights Hector Lombard and Rousimar Palhares will collide. The card, UFC on FX 6, is scheduled for December 15.
No city or venue has been confirmed. The card is expected to also feature the finals in The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes, which pits Australians against fighters from the United Kingdom.
With the time difference, the event will air live on Saturday morning in Australia and Friday night in North America.
Lombard (31-3-1) dropped his UFC debut to Tim Boetsch earlier this year. Australia is his adopted home country. Palhares (14-4) has won seven of his 10 UFC fights.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
The card will also showcase the coaches for TUF, as Ross Pearson takes on George Sotiropoulos.
- Martin Kampmann Doesn't Lack Confidence In Potential Georges St-Pierre Fight
- Jon Jones Has Future Plans To Beat Chael Sonnen "Silly"
- Antonio Banuelos Plans To Push The Pace In Lighter Weight Class
- Scott Coker Explains Reason Behind Lorenz Larkin's Strikeforce Title Shot
- Dan Henderson Believes He'll Get Jon Jones-Vitor Belfort Winner
- Ray Sefo: Tyrone Spong Coming To World Series Of Fighting
- Pat Barry "By The End Of This Year, I'm Going To Punch Somebody In The Face"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline