As expected, Hector Lombard will be joining the UFC's middleweight ranks.
The former Bellator middleweight champion reached the end of his contract with the promotion following his November TKO of Trevor Prangley and entered a period of free agency. During this period, Bellator had the option of matching any offers made to the Cuban expatriate. With the UFC offering a cut of pay-per-view profits, Bellator had little other choice than to let their champion move on to bigger things.
MMAFighting first reported the news and Lombard confirmed it later on Twitter.
"I am in the UFC it is official :)," wrote Lombard.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
The 34-year-old fighter sports a professional record of 32-2-1, with one no contest. He is currently riding a twenty-fight winning streak.
- Keith Kizer Says No Issues Will Come In Chael Sonnen Receiving His Fight License
- Only A Title Shot Would Get Chuck Liddell Out Of Retirement
- Chael Sonnen "Embarassed" For Anderson Silva
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Cheick Kongo On Tap For "UFC 149"
- Frank Mir Wants To See Alistair Overeem Receive Another Shot In UFC
- Mark Munoz Vs. Chris Weidman Slated For Main Event Of "UFC On FUEL TV 4"
- Troubling Details Surface Surrounding Overeem's Doctor
- Gina Carano In Talks To Join Fast And Furious 6 Cast
- Ratings Roundup: UFC 145 Prelims And Bellator 66
- Video: Jim Miller Brews Beer To Relax
- Cruz Vs. Faber Stays On UFC 148 Card
- Hector Lombard's UFC Signing Imminent
- Jon Jones Vs. Dan Henderson Possible For UFC 149
- Overeem Denied License, Suspended 9 Months
- Video: Special UFC Press Conference From Brazil Discussing Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen
Get more great MMA news analysis over Fightline.