Superstar trainer Greg Jackson's name has been mentioned several times in the build to Saturday night's UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans event. That's because Jackson trained both fighters at one time before Rashad Evans left due to a falling out.
Now, Jackson is stepping up and admitting that he made some mistakes when Jon Jones became UFC light heavyweight champion and Evans was the No. 1 contender. The two will meet live on pay-per-view from Atlanta.
"I'm going to make mistakes; I'm a human being," said Jackson, in a recent interview with MMAWeekly.com. "I'm not perfect at all. It was just an oversight. I feel I could have dome that much better. I don't think Rashad had to react the way he did and things kind of escalated quickly because of that, but it was my fault that I didn't have a plan for it."
Jackson added that his camp now has protocols in place for teammates fighting teammates, as will be the case when Georges St-Pierre and Carlos Condit meet to unify the UFC welterweight titles down the road. Jackson said he won't corner either fighter when that happens, along with other guidelines.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Video: Ronda Rousey And Nick Catone Aid NY MMA Efforts
- With Rivalry Neutered, Jones Vs. Evans Comes Down To Competition
- "Bellator 66: Aoki Vs. Alvarez" Weigh-In Results
- New York State Senate Passes MMA Legalization Bill… Again
- Video: Jon Jones Knocks Out Pale Rastafarian
- Jon Jones Vs. Rashad Evans = Spider-Man Vs. Beast
- Nick Diaz's NSAC Hearing Delayed
- Did Sugar Ray Leonard Lure BJ Penn Out Of Retirement?
- KID Yamamoto Saves Injured Man In Tokyo
- Greg Jackson Accepts Role In Evans-Jones Feud
- "UFC 145 Primetime" Episode Two Makes Dramatic Increase In Ratings
- With Issues In Brazil, Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen 2 Could Be Headed To Las Vegas
- Video: Dramatic Come-From-Behind Win At Australian MMA Event
Get more great MMA news and analysi over at Fightline.