Glover Teixeira had to wait several years to finally make his UFC debut. Now that he is in the biggest MMA promotion in the world, Teixeira doesn't plan on backing down from anybody.
Teixeira will face former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 153 in Brazil later this year. The bout is likely to be the last for Jackson inside the Octagon, as he has expressed his desire to leave the promotion.
Earlier this year, Teixeira finally made his debut in the UFC, dominating Kyle Kingsbury. He has won each of his last 16 fights, including victories over such notables as Ricco Rodriguez, Marvin Eastman and Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou.
"I'm going out with him in the standup," said Teixeira, during a recent interview with Sherdog.com. "I have to be smart and not stand still, move, fight the right fight. But, I'll work on the strategy with my coaches."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Teixeira didn't want to talk about the rumors of Mauricio "Shogun" Rua not accepting the fight, saying,"I don't think it's something from 'Shogun.' (He) has fought the best and wouldn't have any reason to deny a fight with me. Leave that alone."
UFC 153 takes place October 13 from the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The Teixeira-Jackson fight is the only one announced for the card to date, though UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has been rumored for the night.
- Alexander Gustafsson Targeting Early Fall Return To Action
- Chael Sonnen Gives His Responses To "Rampage" Jackson
- Anderson Silva's Wife Extends BBQ Invite To Chael Sonnen
- Anthony Johnson Feels "Healthier" By Making Decision To Fight At 205
- John Lineker Vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani On Deck For UFC 151
- Melvin Guillard Says "There Is No Way" Donald Cerrone Can Beat Him
- Roy Nelson Happy To Be Average, Not Sure Where Hatred From Shane Carwin Originated
- Tito Ortiz Says TRT Use Needs To Be Stopped Right Now
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.