Glover Teixeira has a huge opportunity come October. Making just his second UFC appearance, Teixeira will face former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 153.
The card goes down from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on October 13. Teixeira-Jackson will be one of the main card bouts to air on pay-per-view.
After taking out Kyle Kingsbury, Teixeira realizes that this fight will only elevate his stock in the UFC's light heavyweight division.
"Fighting him is great because he is a, you know, idol of this sport," said Teixeira, in a recent interview with 1360 Films. "I am training hard, man. I am going to knock him out."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
This could mark the final appearance inside the Octagon for Jackson, who will have his contract expire after the fight.
- Aaron Simpson, Mike Pierce To Do Battle At UFC On FX 5
- Brandon Vera Reveals What He's Been Doing Wrong In Previous Fights
- Miesha Tate Sounds Off On Ronda Rousey's Nude Pictorial In ESPN
- Fox Sports To Introduce Ref Cam For UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera
- Mike Swick Finally Set To Return To Action This Saturday Night
- Foot Injury Has Jim Miller Currently On The Sidelines
- Paulo Thiago-Dong Hyun Kim Booked For UFC's China Debut In November