UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre quickly stepped off the scale Friday and downed a large amount of water following weigh-ins for UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit. The bout will be the first for GSP since an early 2011 victory over Jake Shields.
"My mind is kind of messed up right now," said St-Pierre, during the weigh-in show on Fuel TV. "I'm very dehydrated. I'm going to go eat and drink and recuperate. I'll show up at my best tomorrow. That's all I need to do."
St-Pierre tipped the scales at 170, a pound bigger than Carlos Condit - his opponent Saturday night from Montreal. "Rush," however, admitted that he does feel nervous returning to the Octagon after such a long break.
"I'm always nervous. It's good to be nervous," St-Pierre said. "It is a bad thing if you are not nervous."
- GSP Had Carlos Condit Defeating Nick Diaz Earlier This Year
- Bellator 81 Weigh-In Results: Lightweight Semifinals Made Official
- Jon Fitch-Demian Maia Added To UFC 156 Card
- Royce Gracie Backtracks On Shane Carwin Comments
- Matt Mitrione Will Face Roy Nelson At TUF 16 Finale
- Mike Mucitelli: No Room In MMA For Bullies Like Dan McGuane
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.