Firas Zahabi has talked with UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre about facing Anderson Silva in a super-fight with the UFC middleweight champion. And, according to Zahabi, GSP wants the bout to happen.
"He told me yes (to facing Silva)," said Zahabi, in an interview with MMAFighting.com. "But I think there's a lot to be negotiated. I don't know much more than that."
Both sides appear to want the fight to happen at different weights, with St-Pierre's team pushing for it to take place closer to welterweight than Silva's team seems to want.
Zahabi also stated that he gets asked about Nick Diaz facing GSP when he's in Canada, but that the subject quickly shifts to Silva when he enters the U.S., adding, "I don't know why. I can't explain it."
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- Video: "UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz" Press Conference Set For 3 PM ET/Noon PT
- Gilbert Melendez In Negotiations With UFC
- Early Reports Of Ronda Rousey-Cris Cyborg At UFC 157 Denied By Cyborg
- Michelle Gutierrez Off Bellator 84, Patricia Vidonic Named As Replacement
- Joe Lauzon Volunteers His UFC 155 Fight With Jim Miller For New Co-Main Event
- Ronaldo Souza Grateful For Spot On Strikeforce Card
- Bellator 84 Championship Fight Pulled
- TUF: Smashes Lightweight Final Now Set
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.