Former UFC No. 1 contender Gabriel Gonzaga will be the welcoming party for Shane Del Rosario to the Octagon, as the two heavyweights have signed to face each other at UFC 146. The event is set to take place May 26 from Las Vegas.
Gonzaga (13-6) returned to the UFC in convincing fashion, earning a submission victory over Ednaldo Oliveira. "Napao" lost three of his previous four Octagon fights, forcing the UFC to cut ties with him.
Del Rosario (11-0) was set to face Daniel Cormier in 2011 before suffering injuries in an auto accident. He has not competed since early last year when he defeated Lavar Johnson. The youngster was signed from Strikeforce recently.
UFC 146 is set to feature a heavyweight championship match between Junior dos Santos and Alistair Overeem.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Ronda Rousey: "I Suggest Miesha Tate Invests In A Dictionary"
- Melvin Guillard Seeking Revenge Against Joe Lauzon
- Live Video Of The UFC 144 Weigh-Ins At 11PM ET/8PM PT
- TUF Alumnus Cameron Dollar Ready To Impress At Featherweight
- Video: Dana White "UFC 144: Edgar Vs. Henderson" Blog, Episode 2
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.