UFC officials have confirmed two fights that have been rumored for UFC 153 this October. The card goes down from the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Heavyweights Gabriel Gonzaga and Geronimo Dos Santos, along with lightweights Francisco "Massaranduba" Trinaldo vs. Gleison Tibau, have been signed. The event takes place October 13.
Gonzaga (13-6) returned to the UFC with a recent submission victory over Ednaldo Oliveira. Dos Santos, who is a former sparring partner of Lyoto Machida, will be making his debut inside the Octagon after amassing a record of 31-14.
Trinaldo (11-1) was on the recent Ultimate Fighter: Brazil show, earning a win in his UFC debut over Delson Heleno earlier this year. Tibau (25-8) is 10-6 in his UFC career.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- Mark Hominick Knows His Career Is On The Line At UFC 154
- Randy Couture On His Son Following In His Footsteps
- Series Of Interesting Messages From Jason "Mayhem" Miller Posted On Twitter
- XFC 20 Finalized With A Main Event Of Eric Reynolds Vs. Danny Salinas
- Dan Henderson Wants To Leave No Doubt By Winning All Five Rounds Or Knocking Jon Jones Out
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Many Fighters
- Tito Ortiz Says He Created UFC Light Heavyweight Division’s Weight Limit
- Video: Highlights From Ronda Rousey-Sarah Kaufman Title Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.