Former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar threw his hat in frustration after hearing that he had not defeated Benson Henderson for the belt Saturday night at UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II. Henderson was awarded the victory via split decision.
The crowd, which was pro-Henderson early on, cheered for Edgar during the post-fight interview. Despite holding back tears, Edgar remained professional in the Octagon.
"Don't matter," said Edgar, when asked about the decision. "Congrats to Ben. I'm upset, but what are you going to do."
Joe Rogan asked Edgar if he would watch the fight to see where the scoring came from, but Edgar responded, "(I) don't know if I'm watching that fight; it doesn't matter."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Henderson also earned a decision earlier this year in Japan to knock Edgar off the top of the 155-pound rankings. "The Answer," who has been constantly asked about a drop to featherweight, was granted an immediate rematch.
- Cris Cyborg Wants A Fight With Ronda Rousey "To Punch Her"
- Dominick Cruz Not Pondering Any Change In Weight Classes Yet
- Jon Jones "Confident That I'm Gonna TKO" Dan Henderson
- Former TUF Coach Jason "Mayhem" Miller Arrested
- Leonard Garcia Believes He’s Fighting When The UFC Invades China
- DeWayne Zinkin On Why American Kickboxing Academy Is The Place For Wrestlers To Morph Into Fighters
- The Office Was No Place For A Competitor Like Daniel Cormier
- Jake Shields Looking To Fight A Top Middleweight Fighter
- Gene LeBell Says Ronda Rousey Is The Ideal Female Athlete
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.