After Frankie Edgar (14-3-1) lost his rematch to current UFC Lightweight Champion Benson Henderson (17-2), he is open to idea of helping the fighter who will challenge next for the title, Nate Diaz (16-7).
"If Nate would need my help or would ask for my help, I would love to help him out," said Edgar. "We got some work in last time that was really good. If I could help him out, of course I would."
Edgar feels that Diaz has improved and may have what it takes to defeat the champion and win his first UFC title.
"I just think that Nate comes forward so much, I don't know how Ben will deal with Nate's length," said Edgar. "He's got great jiu-jitsu. I feel the wrestling edge will probably go to Ben, but if you look at Nate's last performances, he's gotten so good everywhere. He fought Jim Miller, and Jim Miller couldn't take him down. Jim Miller's a pretty high-level wrestler too. I think Nate's definitely a great match-up for Ben."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Henderson vs. Diaz takes place on December 8, at UFC on FOX 5.
- Mark Hominick Knows His Career Is On The Line At UFC 154
- Randy Couture On His Son Following In His Footsteps
- Series Of Interesting Messages From Jason "Mayhem" Miller Posted On Twitter
- XFC 20 Finalized With A Main Event Of Eric Reynolds Vs. Danny Salinas
- Dan Henderson Wants To Leave No Doubt By Winning All Five Rounds Or Knocking Jon Jones Out
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Many Fighters
- Tito Ortiz Says He Created UFC Light Heavyweight Division’s Weight Limit
- Video: Highlights From Ronda Rousey-Sarah Kaufman Title Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.