For every person that calls for Frankie Edgar to drop to featherweight, there is another discussing the undeniable benefits he reaps for not cutting weight to compete at lightweight.
To Frankie Edgar, it's all the same.
Speaking at the UFC 150 kickoff press conference, the former lightweight champ explained that it doesn't matter what weight class he fights at, he's going to bring the same grit and determination to win that he always does. Whether he's any bigger or smaller than his opponents makes no difference.
"A lot of people seem to think that just 'cause I don't cut weight that I rebound better from punches or whatever, damage in fights. I cut weight in college and I was kinda the same aggressive guy," said Edgar. "So, I think that's just who I am, you know? I think no matter what weight class I'm at I'm gonna be able to get in there and scrap hard."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Edgar's next bout will come against Benson Henderson, who controversially took the title from Edgar at UFC 144 last February. The two will rematch in the main event of UFC 150, which is scheduled to take place at the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado.
- Mike Russow: A Win Over Werdum Would Be Huge
- Regardless Of Weight Class, Frankie Edgar Comes To Scrap Hard
- Steven Seagal On Anderson Silva At UFC 148: “My Guy’s Going To Win Handily This Time”
- UFC 147 Conference Call Notes And Quotes
- Rich Franklin Wants To Be Back In Title Picture With Win Over Wanderlei Silva
- Fabricio Werdum Credits Junior Dos Santos With His Recent Success
- Paul Sass – Matt Wiman Official For UFC: Nottingham
- Quick Shots: UFC On FOX Tix, Bellator Signs Sarnavskiy, Couture Movie Trailer
- Luke Rockhold Can't Let Himself Lose To Katy Perry/The Black Swan