Former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar will attempt to take back the 155-pound title later this month when he faces Benson Henderson. The bout will serve as the main event for UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II on August 11 from Denver, Colorado.
Edgar knows what it's like to be paired in rematches, as he was forced to defend the title immediately after claiming it from BJ Penn. He was also placed in a third match with Gray Maynard after the two fought to a draw.
"I'm taking it (the UFC title) home, it's missing its home," Edgar said. "I am going to beat Benson Henderson and my hand is going to be raised August 11. The belt belongs to me, Frankie Edgar."
The first meeting went to a decision which Edgar believes he won, adding, "I felt I landed good punches, got takedowns and I fought like I always fight."
Henderson (16-2) has won all four of his UFC fights since entering the promotion from the WEC. Edgar sports a career record of 14-2-1.
- Aaron Simpson, Mike Pierce To Do Battle At UFC On FX 5
- Brandon Vera Reveals What He's Been Doing Wrong In Previous Fights
- Miesha Tate Sounds Off On Ronda Rousey's Nude Pictorial In ESPN
- Fox Sports To Introduce Ref Cam For UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera
- Mike Swick Finally Set To Return To Action This Saturday Night
- Foot Injury Has Jim Miller Currently On The Sidelines
- Paulo Thiago-Dong Hyun Kim Booked For UFC's China Debut In November
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.