Tim Sylvia, a former UFC heavyweight champion, took to The Underground recently to express his disappointment in being passed over by Frank Mir for a fight with Daniel Cormier. Mir and Cormier will meet later this year in Strikeforce, but Sylvia appeared to be a strong candidate for the match before Mir took it.
"Sorry to all my fans hoping to see me back in the big show," Sylvia wrote. "We were talking to the UFC about the (Cormier) fight in (Strikeforce) and agreed to it. But for some reason they picked (Mir) instead. It is what it is at least I was considered so maybe in the near future I will be back thanks for all your support."
Sylvia has put together a 31-7 career record, and has been pushing for a return to the UFC. However, UFC president Dana White continues to say Sylvia is not coming back, despite winning his last three fights.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Report: Jon Fitch, Erick Silva Added To UFC 153
- John Dodson Vs. Jussier Da Silva At UFC On FX 5
- UFC Prepping Alexander Gustafsson For Major Fight
- Lyoto Machida Not Concerned With Decision To Make Rua-Vera No. 1 Contender Match
- Patricky Pitbull To Face Eddie Alvarez This October In Bellator
- Ryan Bader Feels Like He Is In The Thick Of Light Heavyweight Title Talk
- Jon Jones Responds To News Of Rua-Vera Becoming No. 1 Contender Match
- High Stakes Added To UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Main Event
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.