Griffin discussed how he wants to be remembered when he does officially decide to retire during a pre-fight press conference Thursday.
"If I'm remembered for anything, it's going to be for fighting," Griffin said. "I've never put my life on the line, (but fighting) is the closest I'll ever get to becoming a here."
Griffin added that he is prepared to go to war with Ortiz, and said that he actually enjoys training each and every day.
"I thought this fight was gonna be May 5," Griffin said. "I worked on a lot of new things and I'm ready. I've never asked for an opponent, and I figured if I was gonna do that, I better make sure I was damn ready (and I am)."
- Patrick Cote Excited To Be Back Fighting For The UFC
- Video: Steven Seagal Calls Chael Sonnen's Actions "Embarassing To The Human Race"
- Being An Underdog Is What Cung Le Enjoys
- Forrest Griffin Has High Hopes For His MMA Future
- Retirement Is 100-Percent Official For Tito Ortiz
- Video: Second UFC 148 Press Conference To Feature Ortiz, Griffin, Cote, Le At 2 PM ET/Noon PT
- John Maguire Vs. John Hathaway Added To UFC: Nottingham
- UFC Signs BAMMA Champion Tom Watson, Set For Debut This September
- Junior Dos Santos Down For Facing Cain Velasquez In China
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.