Former UFC light heavyweight champion, and winner of The Ultimate Fighter, Forrest Griffin was granted a therapeutic use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy, MMAjunkie.com confirmed with Nevada Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer. Griffin defeated Tito Ortiz recently at UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II.
Griffin became the sixth fighter to be granted the TRT exemption by Nevada. Shane Roller, Todd Duffee, Dan Henderson, Frank Mir and Chael Sonnen have all used it as well, including Sonnen at the same event.
Kizer did say that Griffin's levels were all checked after the fight and were within the legal limits.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Return To Japan In Early 2013 For The UFC, According To Report
- Middleweight Move Remains On Mind Of Rashad Evans
- Shane Carwin Focusing On TUF, Warns Roy Nelson "This Is Not A Joke"
- Strikeforce/Showtime Have Deals With Fighters Such As Rousey, Melendez, Rockhold
- Video: Highlights From Strikeforce: Rockhold Vs. Kennedy
- Luke Rockhold Plans To Improve After Fending Off Tim Kennedy
- Tyron Woodley Feels Like He'll Grow From Loss To Nate Marquardt
- Scott Coker Says No Melendez-Thomson IV In The Works
- Luke Rockhold Withstands Tim Kennedy, Defends Strikeforce Middleweight Championship
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.