"You forget that there were two or three years where he (Ortiz) was untouchable. Most people in the sport now don't even remember that. I was fighting for three or four-hundred bucks when Tito was champion of the world."
Heading into their third and most likely final match, Griffin, who acknowledges Ortiz's declining skills, is still expecting a tough fight from the "Huntington Beach Bad Boy."
"He's not what he used to be, but he's still putting on good fights with the best guys in the world… We're 1 and 1 and we've had good fights. There are definitely some things that will be tough to deal with.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"He's a tough guy to fight. He's still got a good overhand right, and a nice shovel hook. He throws good punches and good knees. He's got a good Thai clinch."
Even though Griffin doesn't expect an easy go, the key to victory for the one-time light heavyweight champ is to keep Ortiz backing up and off-balance for the length of the bout.
"If you can stop him coming forward, then he's not so tough… but when you can't tell if he's going to throw a big bomb or come in and shoot, that's tough to deal with."
Griffin and Ortiz match up in what is likely Ortiz's final fight of his career at UFC 148 on July 7th.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- "The Ultimate Fighter" Doing Away With Live Fights
- Tito Ortiz To Be Inducted Into UFC Hall Of Fame
- UFC's Long-Term Goal: World Cup Of The Ultimate Fighter
- Winning UFC Gold Gave Benson Henderson Validation
- Frankie Edgar Not Thinking About Move To Featherweight, Focused On Bendo
- Dana White Continues Push For Use Of Technology By Fight Judges
- Forrest Griffin Talks Completing Trilogy With Tito Ortiz
- Randy Couture Talks TRT, Suggests Alternatives
- Clay Guida Eying ‘Fight Of The Night’ Honors, TKO Victory Over Gray Maynard