Forrest Griffin fought his way to a shot at the UFC light heavyweight champion, working his way up from The Ultimate Fighter. Griffin was set to welcome Chael Sonnen to the 205-pound division, but that match has been scrapped.
Now, Sonnen - with no UFC fights at light heavyweight to his resume - will face Jon Jones in April after the two coach on TUF. Griffin offered up his take on the decision during an interview with Ariel Helwani on UFC Tonight.
"I'm not mad at him," Griffin said (thanks to MMAFighting.com for transcribing). "Why fight your way to the top when you can talk your way to the top?"
Sonnen offered to step in on short notice and face Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title last month. Jones turned down the fight, and ignited a war of words with Sonnen that ultimately led to the UFC pairing the two up.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
As for Griffin, it remains unknown if he will still compete on the year-end card. He did make another sarcastic remark towards Sonnen, saying, "I'm actually happy I'm not fighting him anymore because watching his fights was boring and tedious."
- Rashad Evans Discusses Chael Sonnen-Jon Jones Bout
- Kenny Florian: UFC Sending Message To "Step Up" By Giving Sonnen Fight
- Dana White Wants Cowboy Stadium As Soon As Fight Can Be Made
- Eddie Alvarez Opens Up About His Future
- MFC Promoter Mark Pavelich Has An Issue With Female MMA
- Jeremy Stephens Released From Jail, Issues Statement
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.