Before Felice Herrig (7-4) became a MMA fighter, her life revolved around track. The direction changed once she had to help support her family.
"I really wanted to get a track scholarship in college, but my parents didn't have a lot of money so I had to work during high school," said Herrig. "So instead of competing in track, after I turned 16, I worked almost fulltime."
Determined to find a competitive sport after high school, she gave fighting a chance.
"I felt like I wanted to do so much in any sport and I never got the opportunity to see what I was made of at the top level," said Herrig. "Fighting was something I still could compete in after high school, so that's why I got involved in it."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Herrig has won two of her last three fights at XFC. In her last fight, she won via unanimous decision at XFC 19: Charlotte Showdown.
- Michael Bisping Sounds Off On Fighters Who Use TRT
- Plans For Donald Cerrone-Anthony Pettis At UFC On Fox 5 Untrue, Says Dana White
- Marcus Aurelio Out Of Bellator 73 With Injury, Kelvin Tiller In
- Royce Gracie Says His Father Wanted Him To Highlight Jiu-Jitsu At Early UFC Shows
- Jared Rosholt Returns To Action For The First Time In Over A Year
- Javier Mendez Says “The Team Got Stronger After Koscheck Left”
- Chris Weidman Feels Anderson Silva’s Management Has "Downplayed" Him
- Felice Herring Turned To MMA As She Never Wanted To Stop Competing
- Before Named No. 1 Contender Lyoto Machida Wanted Conclusion To Maurício Rua Trilogy
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline