Though M-1 has been doing their best to generate rumors of their flagship client, Fedor Emelianenko, finally possibly signing with the UFC, it still doesn't look like we'll be seeing the Russian great grace the Octagon anytime soon.
So, it's probably safe to expect The Last Emperor to go on facing the Satoshi Ishiis and Jeff Monsons of the world to make a living outside of Zuffa's eight walls. Following that pattern, rumors are heating up that Emelianenko's next bout could come against one-time UFC competitor Rolles Gracie.
The rumors were given some heat by Gracie himself, who tweeted today that the bout is in the works.
Where there is smoke there is fire. My manager is under negotiation with M1. We're really close to make this fight against Fedor to happen.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
6-1 as a pro, Gracie appeared in the Octagon once, getting knocked out by Joey Beltran at UFC 109 before being sent packing by the promotion. Since then, the 33-year-old has racked up three wins, including a quick win over the easily-felled Bob Sapp.
- Nick Diaz's Team Responds To Amended NSAC Complaint
- Video: Pros Split Over Jones Vs. Evans Winner
- Frank Mir To Be A Guest On "MMA Uncensored Live" Tonight On Spike TV
- Jonathan Brookins Takes His Training To New Level As Bout With Charles Oliveira Approaches
- UFC Approves Of Creation Of IMMAF
- UFC Featherweight Champ Jose Aldo Still Without An Opponent For "UFC 149"
- Jon Jones On Fighting Junior Dos Santos: "It Is Something I Would Totally Entertain"
- Frank Mir's Manager Clears The Air In Regards To Overeem Situation
- Diego Nunes Sees Siver Fight As "Strength Vs. Speed"
- Mayhem Miller Still Going After Chael Sonnen On Twitter
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.