UFC president Dana White informed Tatame that Werdum would earn a title shot with a win over Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in 2013. Werdum and Nogueira will be the next coaches on The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil, and are expected to compete in 2013.
"Yes, if he wins, he will have (the) title shot," White said.
Werdum (16-5-1) returned to the UFC after a two-year stint in Strikeforce. He has won five of his last six, with the lone loss coming by decision to Alistair Overeem.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Back in 2008, Werdum was knocked out by dos Santos in the first round of their heavyweight fight. Werdum left the promotion after the loss, while dos Santos went on to become the current UFC heavyweight champion.
- Mark Munoz Involved In Car Accident, Appears To Have Avoided Any Serious Injuries
- Antonio Silva Only Fighting Junior Dos Santos If UFC Forces Him To
- Glover Teixeira Plans To KO Quinton Jackson Out Of The UFC
- Video: Backstage Access To UFC 155
- Jon Jones Responds To Dan Henderson: "Old Guy Got Jokes"
- Nate Marquardt Glad To Put Old Issues With Dana White Behind Him
- Pat Healy Frustrated With UFC’s Decision Making About Strikeforce Fighters
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.