A documentary about the life of former UFC champion Evan Tanner (32-8) is set to air December 28 on PPV. "Once I Was A Champion" was created by Gerard Roxburgh, who only met Tanner once, but said he was touched by their encounter.
"That was one thing I always admired about Tanner," said Roxburgh. "He fought as a positive force, a lone man testing himself against the universe. Sadly, that's how he died, too. But he's not alone anymore, now he's part of that infinity he sought."
Tanner was a former UFC middleweight champion who passed away in September 2008. After going camping in the desert, Tanner didn't return and was found days later dead from apparent heatstroke. His last fight was three months prior under the UFC name.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
The PPV debuts at 9 p.m. Eastern Time on PPV.
- Documentary On Evan Tanner To Air This Month
- Stefan Struve On Where He Stands In The Heavyweight Division
- Greg Jackson's Opinion Of Chael Sonnen
- Dany Lauzon, Brother Of UFC Fighter Joe Lauzon, Signs With World Series Of Fighting
- TUF Winner Jonathan Brookins Leaving MMA, Headed To India To Learn "Other Things"
- Ed Herman Heading To Strikeforce, Will Face Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza In January
- Strikeforce Confirms January Will Be Final Event On Showtime
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.