A featherweight contest between Erik Koch and Ricardo Lamas has been moved from UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II to UFC On Fox: Johnson Vs. Dodson. MMAjunkie.com first reported news of the change.
Koch and Lamas each have ties to the Chicago-area, the site of the UFC card in January. Koch (13-1) trains at Roufusport, which is located in Milwaukee, a short drive from Chicago. Lamas (12-2) trains just outside Chicago.
The Koch-Lamas contest could help determine the next contender in the UFC's featherweight division, as both are undefeated inside the Octagon. In fact, Koch had a pair of title fights with Jose Aldo scheduled for 2012, but injuries scrapped both bouts.
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Says He's Fighting Glover Teixeira At UFC On Fox 6
- TJ Grant-Matt Wiman Official For UFC On Fox 6
- Video: Dana White Returns With A Video Blog
- Anderson Silva To Attend UFC 154, Rumors Of GSP Call-Out Begin
- Demetrious Johnson-John Dodson Set For UFC On Fox 6
- Bellator 81 Set With Season Seven Lightweight Semis
- One Year Suspension For Stephan Bonnar Following Failed Drug Test
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.