Erick Silva knows he will be receiving a loud ovation from the Brazilian crowd in attendance Saturday night at UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar. In fact, several of those cheering will be related to Silva.
Silva will face Jon Fitch in a key welterweight contest that could help propel one man back into title contention. The event takes place inside the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro.
"All my brothers will be there, my father, my wife, my kids, all my family will be there," Silva said. "I won't let them down."
After being disqualified in a fight he was dominating vs. Carlo Prater earlier this year, Silva (14-2) is anxious to compete in Brazil again. He submitted Charlie Brenneman this past June, improving to 2-1 inside the Octagon.
"When I see the chance to finish the fight, I will do so," Silva said. "I think people are getting to know me better - the fans - and I am in a big fight this time. Fitch was ranked No. 2 in the division for a long time, but I think he's never faced a fighter as fast and as aggressive as I am."
- Chris Camozzi Plans To Donate Part Of His Purse Back To Brazilian Youth
- Video: Extended Preview For Saturday's UFC 153 Card
- Bellator 76 Official With Weigh-Ins Complete
- Jon Fitch Getting Title Shots Is A "Popularity Contest"
- Phil Davis Planning To Finish Wagner Prado And Set The Record Straight
- Mark DellaGrotte Talks Here Comes The Boom, Hopes Bonnar Gets Out Of Brazil Alive
- Glover Teixeira Ready To Bring Excitement To The Octagon
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.