After suffering a loss in his previous fight, Erick Silva (14-3-1) looks to rebound early next year. Silva will return to the Octagon at UFC 156 against an opponent still not known.
"I have no idea who will be my opponent," said Silva to TATAME. "I have no preference, but I think in a week or two I'll know who it is."
At UFC 153, Jon Fitch (24-2-1-1 NC) defeated Silva with a decision victory. It was Fitch's first win since August 2012. The loss dropped Silva to 2-2 for the UFC, with one defeat coming from accidental shots to the back of the head.
The possibility of a rematch is one idea that Silva is in favor of having.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I think in the future I will have this rematch [against Jon Fitch] would be an honor for me, I had a tough fight against a guy renowned," said Silva. "I want to get a good win streak and me further consolidate in the UFC."
Fitch's next fight has not been disclosed.
UFC 156 takes place February 2 from Las Vegas. A featherweight championship fight pitting José Aldo (21-1) and Frankie Edgar (14-3-1) is set to headline the card.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- Michael Bisping: If Anderson Silva Wants Time Off, Make Interim Title
- Ratings Hold Strong For Latest Episode Of The Ultimate Fighter
- UFC Goes With Alan Belcher-Yushin Okami For Final UFC 155 Main Card Bout
- Tyrone Spong Grades His MMA Debut From The WSOF
- Date Announced For Bellator Season 7 Featherweight Finals
- UFC 157 Targeted For February 23, Anaheim, California
- Jorge Masvidal: Strikeforce Lacks Communication
- Anderson Silva: No Plans To Enter Octagon, Challenge GSP At UFC 154
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.