Welterweights Erick Silva and Jay Hieron have a date on the Super Bowl weekend card, as UFC officials confirmed news of the bout via Twitter on Wednesday. The two will meet at UFC 156: Aldo Vs. Edgar on February 2.
Silva (14-3) mentioned that he was hopeful for a quick return following a disappointing loss to one-time contender Jon Fitch earlier this year in Brazil.
Hieron (23-6) made his long-awaited return to the UFC, falling to Jake Ellenberger. The bout was the first for Hieron inside the Octagon in seven years.
- Jon Jones Planning To Silence Chael Sonnen Once And For All
- John Moraga-Chris Cariaso Added To UFC 155
- Sam Stout "Annoyed" With John Makdessi And His Remarks
- UFC Fighter Retires Fearing Brain Damage
- Brendan Schaub: My Back Is Against The Wall
- Shogun Rua Auctioning Off Fight Gloves For Charity
- Greg Jackson Never Watching GSP – Carlos Condit Fight
- Glory Looks To Expand, U.S. Debut Targeted
- Additional Fights Announced For Cage Warriors 51
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.