ONE Fighting Championship CEO Victor Cui confirmed with MMAjunkie.com recently that the first featherweight champion will be crowned at ONE FC 7: Return of Warriors on February 2.
Eric Kelly (9-0) and Honorio Banario (7-1) will meet for the ONE FC featherweight title. The bout will serve as the main event from the Stadium Putra in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
"They're really the top-two contenders right now," Cui said. "The fans out here in Asia have been asking for that fight for a long time and I think they both deserve a title shot."
The two were originally scheduled to meet this past October, but the bout was called off. No reason was ever given.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Benson Henderson: Friend Or Foe, At 155 It Doesn't Matter
- Chael Sonnen On TUF Coaching Gig: I Didn't Realize I Wasn't Coaching Jon Jones
- UFC On FX 6 Weigh-In Results
- Vinny Magalhaes Calls Out Phil Davis: "I'm A Horrible Fight For Him"
- Eric Kelly-Honorio Banario To Meet For ONE FC Featherweight Title
- Bellator 84 Weigh-In Results: Tourney Finals Are Set
- Video: Anderson Silva Stars In Brazilian Duracell Advertisement
- Dana White Calls Ronda Rousey "Nasty, Mean... Like Chuck Liddell"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.