Eduardo Maiorino Dies of a Heart Attack at Age 33
MMA fighter Eduardo Maiorino (3-8) passed away from an apparent heart attack at age 33, reports Aquidauana News.
Maiorino was at the home of one of his students, preparing to leave for a championship fight that was about 87 miles away. An autopsy is currently being prepared on the body.
Maiorino fought almost completely out of Brazil, with his biggest bout being against current UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos (15-1). Santos won the fight within 50 seconds via submission.
In his last fight, at Max Fight 13 in May, Maiorino lost in the first round to Geronimo dos Santos (32-14) by way of KO.
Maiorino held several Brazilian heavyweight championships and K-1 titles.
- Paul Daley Arrested, Barred From Entering U.S.; Bellator Cancels January Fight
- Junior Dos Santos Doesn’t Mind Holiday Training
- UFC 155 Results And Live Coverage This Saturday, Current Card
- Program Reminder: Countdown To UFC 155 Debuts Tonight At 11 PM ET
- José Aldo Is Conflicted On His Next Move
- Dan Hardy: TUF Cast Is Becoming The Jersey Shore
- Anthony Pettis On Beating Benson Henderson
- Brad Pickett On Who Deserves The Next Bantamweight Title Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.