Edson Barboza (10-1) is just waiting for the UFC to call about his next fight and hopes it happens before the end of 2012.
"I still hope to fight this year," said Barboza to TATAME. "I have no injuries and I'm training hard. But I'm an employee, so when they think it's time I'll be ready."
Since Barboza doesn't know when his next fight will be, he continues to stay in shape and improve his skills.
"I always train hard, I never stop," said Barboza. "It won't be any different. I'll keep training hard, fixing my mistakes and learning more. The bright side of this time off is [I get to] learn and perfect my skills."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Barboza's undefeated streak was ended at 10 wins when Jamie Varner (27-7-1-2 NC) won via TKO at UFC 146. He hopes for a rematch between the two in the near future.
"Of course it would be a fight I'd like to do later because I didn't do my best and he found me first, so I couldn't show how prepared I was," said Barboza. "But if I have another chance things will be different. I'd let go and really go for it."
- Lyoto Machida Open To Fighting Again Before Championship Shot
- Miguel Torres Opts For World Series Of Fighting Bout Instead Of Titan FC Show
- Greg Jackson Agreed It Was Time For Kyle Noke To Drop Weight Classes
- Alan Belcher On Injury Setbacks, Wants Chris Weidman Upon Return
- Jose Aldo "Very Happy" To Be Facing Frankie Edgar
- Paul Bradley And Charlie Brenneman Trade Jabs On Twitter
- Urijah Faber Hoping To Return Before 2012 Ends
- Special Offer For DirecTV Customers To Receive Next Six UFC PPVs
- Carlos Condit Embracing Role Of Super-Fight Spoiler
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.