Let the countdown begin until Eddie Alvarez's (24-3) future is disclosed to the public. The former Bellator lightweight champion said the next step of his career will be revealed before the Christmas holiday.
"We should hear something very soon," said Alvarez to Sherdog Radio. "The process needed to go through and it's happening. The promotions are doing what they can to make it happen. My job's done. I'm sharping tools for a fight day in the near future."
At Bellator 76, Alvarez fulfilled his contract with Bellator. As per Bellator's contract policy, the promotion has the right to match any offer for a select period of time.
Alvarez said he speaks with Bjorn Rebney on a daily basis about what is next. Family and growing as a fighter were Alvarez's main concerns while he hammered out a contract.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I want to tell you guys something," said Alvarez. "As soon as I know, I'll let you know. It's good news."
- Initial Ratings Strong For UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz
- Sara McMann Denies Ronda Rousey Rumor
- Tamikka Brents Flaunts Her LGBT Community Presence
- Video: Rory MacDonald Vs. BJ Penn From UFC On Fox 5
- Video: Highlights From Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Vs. Alexander Gustafsson At UFC On Fox 5
- UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz Live Gate, Attendance Figures
- Benson Henderson To Rest Of Lightweight Division: "I'm Not Going Anywhere"
- Rory MacDonald Upset He Didn't Finish BJ Penn, Discusses Carlos Condit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.