Eddie Alvarez and Patricky "Pitbull" Freire have been granted the headline bout for Bellator 76. The card takes place October 12 from the Colosseum at Caesars Windsor in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
Along with the lightweight contest, the quarterfinals of the season seven featherweight tournament will also go down. The card will air on MTV2.
Alvarez (23-3) could be making his final appearance for Bellator. His contract expires after the bout, and Bellator will be given a three-month window to match any offer presented to the former champion.
"After hearing Bellator wanted to put this fight together, I really don't think they could have made a better match up for the fans to enjoy," Alvarez said. "I'm already in Florida training for this fight, so I'm taking it incredibly seriously."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Pitbull (10-3) is a former lightweight tournament finalist. He is returning from a loss to Lloyd Woodard in which he suffered a small fracture in his left arm.
"I'm very happy for this fight," Pitbull said. "I can't put into words the emotion I'm feeling from thinking about this fight. I'm a warrior, and I always fight for pride."
- Aaron Simpson, Mike Pierce To Do Battle At UFC On FX 5
- Brandon Vera Reveals What He's Been Doing Wrong In Previous Fights
- Miesha Tate Sounds Off On Ronda Rousey's Nude Pictorial In ESPN
- Fox Sports To Introduce Ref Cam For UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera
- Mike Swick Finally Set To Return To Action This Saturday Night
- Foot Injury Has Jim Miller Currently On The Sidelines
- Paulo Thiago-Dong Hyun Kim Booked For UFC's China Debut In November
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.