During the official press conference, it was publicly announced that DREAM will be hosting their annual New Year's Eve event after doubt over the company's status. DREAM's last show was the 2011 New Year's Eve show. MMA and kickboxing fights are scheduled for the card.
The event will be titled DREAM: Special NYE 2012 and takes place from the Saitama Super Arena in Japan.
DREAM was considered finished after their former owners filed for bankruptcy earlier in the year. Upstart kickboxing promotion GLORY has stepped in to promote the event together.
There was no mention if the show would be broadcasted.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Featherweight champion Hiroyuki Takaya (17-9-1), Tatsuya Kawajiri (31-7-2) and Satoru Kitaoka (30-11-9) have been confirmed for the show. More names will be announced in the weeks to follow.
DREAM's future beyond the New Year's Eve show wasn't made clear.
- Frankie Edgar Thinks Pace Could Be José Aldo's Weakness
- Martin Kampmann: Carlos Condit Told Me He Wants A Rematch
- Lyoto Machida Looks At Jon Jones Rematch As The Fight Of His Life
- Luiz Cane Cut From UFC Following Recent Loss
- Anthony Pettis' Trainer Hopeful For Quick Return To Action
- Report: Jose Aldo-Frankie Edgar Targeted For UFC 156
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.