Rashad Evans failed in his bid for Jon Jones' light heavyweight championship Saturday night. And though he performed better against the champ than any of his previous opponents, Evans still came up short, just like the rest.
At last night's post-fight press conference, Evans honestly assessed his performance.
"I don't think I did a good job," Evans admitted. "I didn't do the things I trained to do. It's something that I wish I had back. There were a couple of moments in the fight that I feel I could have taken advantage of, some situations. But, I didn't do it. It was my mental block and I didn't go out there and perform the way I wanted to."
The fight was Evans' second bid for the title, but that doesn't mean he'll be turning tail for the middleweight division. Suga is a light heavyweight, one of the best in the world, and he's got his sights set on getting back to the title.
"Nah, I'm a 205-pounder," he said when asked if he'd consider moving to 185. "I've only lost twice and, you know, I lost to some good competitors. I mean, it'd be nice if I won all my fights, but it don't happen like that sometimes. But, if an opportunity happens at 185 then I'll take it. But, I like 205. I feel I can work my way back up and to another title shot."
- Video: Bob Sapp Goes Down Again
- Dos Santos Heavy Favorite Over Mir At UFC 146
- UFC 147 Special Announcement Presser Tomorrow
- Silva-Sonnen Rematch May Not Be In Brazil, Announcement Shortly
- Ratings Roundup: UFC 145 Primetime And TUF: Live Episode 7
- "Bellator 66: Aoki Vs. Alvarez" Fighter Salaries
- Video: Wanderlei Silva UFC 147 Video Blog
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Medical Suspensions
- OAC Hands Down Punishment To Andreas Spang For Post-Bellator 66 Fight
- "TUF: Brazil" Episode 5 Recap
- Alistair Overeem Releases Statement On Elevated Levels Of Testosterone
- Video: "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Fighters Marcus Brimage, Maximo Blanco Have Tumble-Off
- Junior Dos Santos Gives Jon Jones Props For His Victory Over Rashad Evans
- Cain Velasquez To Face Antonio Silva At UFC 146
- Brock Lesnar's Decision To Return To WWE Fine With UFC Boss
- Change In Opponent Hasn't Changed Junior Dos Santos' Plans: KO Finish
- Dana White: Overeem's Future With UFC Up In The Air
- Video: UFC 145 Highlights - Jones Vs. Evans, MacDonald Vs. Mills
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.