Donald Cerrone fought five times in 2011, working his way up the UFC's lightweight ladder. However, a decision loss to Nate Diaz in December forced "Cowboy" back to the drawing board.
Well, Tuesday night at UFC on Fuel TV: Korean Zombie vs. Poirier, Cerrone placed himself back on the winning track, defeating Jeremy Stephens. Cerrone earned a decision victory to improve to 18-4 overall in his career.
"I want to get on that Denver card (UFC 150 in August)," said Cerrone, who was born in Colorado Springs, Colorado. "I don't care who I fight."
Cerrone had finished his opponent in four of his last five win, but was unable to put Stephens (20-8) away in this one. The win, though, was the most important part.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"(Stephens) came and brought it, just like he said he would," Cerrone said. "It feels good coming off that last loss."
Through the first round-and-a-half, Cerrone had landed 51 total strikes to just 20 by Stephens. That continued through the third, as Cerrone used his reach advantage to keep Stephens from executing his boxing skills.
- Korean Zombie On Last Night's Big Win: I Made A Statement
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" Coming To FUEL TV
- Fighting Entertainment Group (FEG) Declaring Bankruptcy
- Poirier Vows To "Come Back And Get The W"
- Chael Sonnen's TUE Exemption Request On 5/21 NSAC Docket
- Match Up Alerts: Natal Vs. Craig, Penner Vs. DeBlass
- Video: Chan Sung Jung Vs. Dustin Poirier, Donal Cerrone Vs. Jeremy Stephens Highlights
- Paul Kelly Denies Being Involved In Drug Sting In England
- Video: Chan Sung Jung, Dustin Poirier Battle At "UFC On FUEL TV 3"
- Jason MacDonald Not Retiring Following Loss At "UFC ON FUEL TV 3"
- Erik Perez Vs. John Albert At "TUF: Live Finale"
- Rashad Evans Unsure When He'll Return To The Octagon
- UFC On FUEL TV 3 Gate And Attendance
- Video: UFC On FUEL TV 3 Post-Fight Presser
- UFC On FUEL TV 3 Fight Night Bonuses