When the bell rings for Donald Cerrone (18-4-1 NC) vs. Melvin Guillard (30–10–2-1 NC), their friendship gets placed on the backburner.
When Cerrone was questioned if their friendship would affect the fight, he made it clear that they are going to put on a show.
"Absolutely not," said Cerrone. "Fireworks are going down. I'm going to win and so is he. It's not like I'm going to hit him less because I know him and we train together. I'm going to hit him more because I know where he's weak."
Cerrone feels his submission victories will play a large factor in the outcome of the fight.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"All my fights are won by submission mostly," said Cerrone. "All his losses are from submission. If we're talking about paper-to-paper, I'm a better fighter."
The two friends will do battle August 11 at UFC 150.
- Dana White Feels Like Ronda Rousey Could Break Octagon Barrier
- Cheick Kongo Would Welcome Fight With Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Fighter Salaries Released
- Chael Sonnen Makes Reference To Next Fight, But Doesn't Name Names
- WWE Superstar CM Punk Unimpressed With Jon Jones' Nike Deal
- Donald Cerrone, Melvin Guillard Are Friends Until Their Fight Starts
- GSP's Trainer Says Fighter Want Bout With Anderson Silva
Get more great MMA news and analalysis over at Fightline